Lawrence Lessig is running for president as a Democrat, but you wouldn’t know it from watching the first Democratic debate on CNN. Lessig’s solitary focus is on ending the corrosive, corrupting influence of money on the American political system, a position that may be too hot for the Democratic National Committee, which barred Lessig from the first Democratic debate on October 13th in Las Vegas.
In this interview with The Young Turks’ Cenk Uygur, Lessig talks about how his quixotic campaign for the presidency is faring, including:
– Why political corruption is THE number one issue that affects all others
– Why the establishment news media don’t want to talk about campaign finance reform
– The similarities between American “democracy” and the functioning of the Chinese political system
– President Obama’s rank failure on his campaign promise to change the system
– How political corruption filters down to perpetuate the marginalization and abuse of African-Americans in places like Ferguson, Missouri
– How both the Republican and Democratic parties are really minority parties in the US.
– The duplicity of DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s claims about barring Lessig from the debate
To support Larry Lessig’s campaign, visit www.Lessig2016.us
Follow him on Twitter at @lessig and @lessig2016 and tweet using the hashtag #LetLessigDebate
Follow Cenk on Twitter at @cenkuygur
Like this interview? Enough that you want to throw a little Bitcoin our way? Great! Do it here: https://www.coinbase.com/TYT