TYT Network is a Multi-Channel Network of online video talk shows, consisting mostly of TYT owned-and-operated shows and a select group of outside partners.
ABOUT ‘THE YOUNG TURKS’ AND TYT NETWORK
TYT is the largest online news network in the world for millennials, covering politics, pop culture and lifestyle. One of the top multi-platform online content creators, TYT Network generates over 200 million views a month and has 8 billion total lifetime views, across all platforms. According to the most recent comScore ratings, TYT ranks #1 in News and Politics on all digital platforms among the millennial audience (18-24).
In 2017, The Young Turks received best in News and Culture at the 7th Annual Streamy Awards, won the 21st Annual People’s Voice Webby Award for Online Film & Video – News & Politics series, and was also recognized with the Audience Honor at the 10th Annual Shorty Awards under Overall YouTube Presence. The Young Turks was awarded the Imagen Vision Award and the Vote It Loud Fifth Estate: Champion in Media Award for Best in New Media in 2016. In 2015, The Young Turks was named to Variety’s FameChangers List (No. 7) and The Hollywood Reporter’s Next Gen List (No. 1 in the News category).
Host Cenk Uygur has been named one of the 25 Most Influential People in Political News, according to Mediaite. Co-Host Ana Kasparian was named to the 2016 Forbes 30 Under 30 Media List and The Daily Dot’s 20 Women of YouTube list.
TYT Network includes 30 owned and operated and partner shows such as The Young Turks, What the Flick?!, ThinkTank, TYT Sports, TYT Interviews, TYT Politics, TYT Investigates, Pop Trigger, Nerd Alert and more.
Young Turk (n)
1. Young progressive or insurgent member of an institution, movement, or political party.
2. Young person who rebels against authority or societal expectations.
American Heritage Dictionary
The Young Turks Awards:
- 2017 Streamy Award – Best in News and Culture
- 2017 People’s Voice Webby Award – News & Politics: Series
- 2017 Shorty Awards Audience Honor – Best in Overall YouTube Presence
- 2016 Imagen Vision Award for The Young Turks
- 2016 Multicultural Media Correspondents Dinner, Best in New Media – Fifth Estate, Champion in Media award for The Young Turks
- 2015 Streamy Award – Best News & Culture Channel
- 2015 People’s Voice Webby Award – Best News & Info Channel
- 2014 People’s Voice Webby Award – Best Web Host
- 2013 People’s Voice Webby Award Best News and Information Show
- 2012 Podcast Awards Best Video Podcast
- 2011 People’s Voice Webby Award for Best News and Politics Series
- 2011 Shorty Awards – News/Politics
- 2009 Best Political Podcast at the Podcast Awards
- 2009 Best Political News Site at the Mashable Awards